Monday, March 5, 2012

Feral Mom, Feral Writer

Counterpoint to Tips for Mothers Considering Pursuing an Online Degree 
by Marlene Samuels, PhD
 The idea of pursuing an online Ph.D. reminds me of the days when matchbook covers sported ads for earning diplomas or licenses by mail. Likely, this is too long ago for most blog readers to remember? One of my favorites: “Earn your semi-truck driver’s license by mail and earn more money”, or how about “become a graphic artist in your spare time.”

It’s not that I’m anti-technology or opposed to online learning - oh contraire! At this time I’m in the 2nd week of a 4-week “online course” for which I signed up and paid. I’m really learning an incredible amount but that noted, even though it’s only a 4-week course, I’m already way behind!

 Read the rest at PoetryMom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your comments (only good ones)!